ASTUTE DOCTOR WEBINAR SERIES
Program Description / Statement of Need:
In this online CME self-learning program:
Andrew Golden, M.D., a leader in the field of doctor-patient relationships, presents practical advice that will improve physician efficiency and productivity, enabling more to be achieved in the time available with patients. The webinar series covers topics such as how to build trust with patients, how to set expectations, how to elicit patient concerns, how to use empathy-based techniques and how to help increase patient motivation.
This webinar series is intended for primary care physicians, residents and fellows, nurses and other health professionals who seek to optimize efficient and effective interactions with patients.
Upon completion of this series you will be better able to accomplish the following objectives:
- Create a plan to strengthen rapport with patients at initial and subsequent encounters
- Synthesize a strategy to create a comfortable environment for patient communication
- Formulate a plan to more efficiently manage the encounter
- Structure the encounter for physician productivity and optimal patient outcomes
- Prepare the right questions to be delivered at the right time to uncover the information that will most impact on treatment outcomes
- Provide information in a way that aids recall and retention of information
- Demonstrate ways to identify and overcome possible barriers to goal achievement.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of ScientiaCME and Astute Doctor Education. ScientiaCME is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ScientiaCME designates this educational activity for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program is available for a fee.
Successful completion of the post-test and completion of the program evaluation is required to obtain a CME certificate.
Release Date: September 29, 2015
Expiration Date: December 31, 2021
Andrew Golden, M.D
Faculty Disclosure and Resolution of COI:
As an accredited provider of continuing medical education, it is the policy of the ScientiaCME to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its educational activities. In accordance with this policy, faculty and educational planners must disclose any significant relationships with commercial interests whose products or devices may be mentioned in faculty presentations, and any relationships with the commercial supporter of the activity. The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent a person with a significant financial or other relationship from participating in CME activities, but rather to provide the intended audience with information on which they can make their own judgments. Additionally, in the event a conflict of interest (COI) does exist, it is the policy of ScientiaCME to ensure that the COI is resolved in order to ensure the integrity of the CME activity: for this CME activity, any COI has been resolved thru content review by ScientiaCME.
Faculty Disclosure: Andrew Golden, M.D. reports that he has no relevant financial disclosures.
Faculty Disclosure: Sue Larsen reports that she has no relevant financial disclosures.
Faculty Disclosure: Grant Simic reports that he has no relevant financial disclosures.
The entire faculty for this program has reported that they will not discuss unapproved drug or device uses.
Supported operating systems
PC: MS Windows XP or later
Mac: OSX 10.6 and later
iPad: iOS 5.0 and later (Puffin browser only)
Android: Jelly Bean 4.1 and later (UC browser only)
- Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures above
- Take the Pre-Test (optional). Completion of the pre-test will help us evaluate the knowledge gained by participating in this CME activity.
- View each webinar in the series. You may view each webinar live or from a recording.
- Take the post-test
- Complete the CME evaluation. A CME certificate will be available for download.